The Big 4-0
Forty. It seems like such and old number...until you get there yourself.
This week, Daniel made it there. His body may act like it is ninety at times, but he still has a lot of life left in him.
He wouldn't let us throw him a party, but I just can't let this milestone pass in silence.
Forty is a big deal...especially since he will always be older than me!
In celebration, here are 40 things that you might not know about Daniel.
1. Water skied over an alligator
2. Took a 5 week camping trip out west with his grandparents when he graduated from high school
3. Fractured his back when he was 27 years old...and it has all been down hill since
4. Is an only child
5. Attended Oklahoma Horseshoeing School
6. Never shared a bathroom until we got married
7. Will eat nuts, but they can't be on any other food - he won't even scrape them off the top of a brownie, he just won't eat the brownie
8. Has flat feet
9. Red is his favorite color
10. Always guesses his Christmas presents
11. Chocolate chip cookies are his favorite
12. Received a pink slip in Kindergarten for kissing his future wife...twice
13. Drove through downtown Los Angeles construction traffic, pulling a fifth wheel trailer, when he was 16 years old. Needless to say, he can tow anything and park anything just about anywhere.
14. Loves his truck more than his wife - at least that is the joke around here
15. Is a perfectionist
16. Can talk on the phone, eat a sandwich while driving with his knee, and is so good at it that it doesn't even scare me
17. Always controls the remote control
18. Loves raw milk...just hates milking the cow
19. Is a Chevy man
20. Is always early
21. John Deere all the way!
22. Got his first remote control race track when he was 39 years old
23. Has a beard because he hates to shave
24. His wife won't let him shave off the beard
25. Has a special gift for working with the elderly
26. Loves to hunt
27. Can't hear a thing...that is what happens when you shoot a gun while sitting on a porch
28. Hates to read
29. Loves any movie with Harrison Ford or Clint Eastwood
30. Has always wanted to sky dive...but, I told him that he is a father and a husband so that is off-limits
31. Never leaves home without Ibuprofen - see #3
32. Learned to drive in an old Willy's Jeep
33. Loves to be on the water
34. Learned to scuba dive
35. Was dragged through the woods by his grandpa's coon dog...but he never let go of the leash!
36. Saved his cousins life when he pushed her off the tractor and broke her arm...they discovered Leukemia
37. Is a pyromaniac
38. Really, really, really wants a recliner
39. Played football in Jr. High
40. Adores his boys...even though he blames all of his gray hair on them
Happy birthday old man!!!
Leave a Reply.
Hello! I am Heather... the city girl turned mom to manure loving country boys. My husband and I both grew up in the city, but spent weekends visiting grandparents in the country. We are first generation farmers who learn best by almost always doing things the hard way. I hope you enjoy following along with our adventures down on the farm.