This is a big week for me.
I have a momentous birthday.
I won't tell you which one...
But, I thought I would share 40 things you might not know about me.
1. I am a middle child.
2. I am the only girl.
3. Ice cream counts as dinner in my house.
4. I have always been the shortest...in school, in my family, and everywhere.
5. I wear heals 6 days a week (I need all the help I can get).
6. Growing up, I hated working in the garden because I hated getting dirt under my fingernails.
7. I am a messy cook (I get it from my mom).
8. I am a very picky eater.
9. I hate seafood. It isn't even allowed in my house because it smells horrible.
10. I don't like steak. I have tried, and tried, and tried, but I just can't eat it.
11. I have never driven Daniel's truck...and probably never will.
12. I don't like roosters...there is a story behind that.
13. I was once on a rope bridge when it broke. No one got hurt,,,we just got really wet and muddy (it was over a swamp).
14. I like dogs...as long as they don't touch me.
15. The only bone I have ever broken is my big toe...and Daniel is responsible for that.
16. I have had a job since I was 11 years old.
17. Growing up, I never wanted to live more than 10 minutes from a mall. You see how that worked out.
18. I didn't have my wisdom teeth removed until last year...big mistake.
19. I don't like horses.
20. I have a sweet tooth.
21. I don't like the colors pink or purple.
22. I don't bite my fingernails, but I pick at my cuticles when I am driving...which is a lot.
23. I don't really like to talk on the phone.
24. I was a soda jerk...which makes me very frustrated when no one can make a good, thick, milkshake any more. Oh, by the way...a Coke is a pop, not a soda. Soda has ice cream in it.
25. I love to take pictures.
26. I am over 3 years behind in printing pictures.
27. I make homemade soap just for fun.
28. Roller coasters are not very fun to ride as an adult.
29. I prefer silver over gold.
30. I love to read.
31. I like real books...not digital.
32. I love my foot warmer...and use it all year long.
33. I am not a big fan of cleaning...somehow the dirt always shows back up the next day, so what's the use?
34. I have worn contacts for over 25 years.
35. I have ugly feet.
36. I hate coffee.
37. I have discovered audio books. They keep me motivated to take my evening walks.
38. I am an introvert. If I get really quiet, it is probably because I have had too much people time.
39. I played the piano as a kid. Now I occasionally plink around just for the fun of it...but I am still not very good.
40. I am horrible at backing up.
I am still not sure that I like this birthday thing.
But...I guess birthdays come whether we want them to or not.
Everyone says the next decade is better than the last.
I guess I will have to let you know.
You might also like...
Hello! I am Heather... the city girl turned mom to manure loving country boys. My husband and I both grew up in the city, but spent weekends visiting grandparents in the country. We are first generation farmers who learn best by almost always doing things the hard way. I hope you enjoy following along with our adventures down on the farm.